This was my 4th year participating in the A to Z challenge. This year I wrote about people who were born into slavery and lived to be free. I found myself (once again) spending hours everyday researching and writing up my posts.
I also visited at least 5 new blogs, most days more. In addition when I found blogs I enjoyed, I revisited them throughout the challenge. Some of the blogs that I visited multiple times were:
I want to express my appreciation for those who work each year to make the A to Z Challenge happen by setting up and monitoring the linky lists, contributing art work for badges and banners and visiting blogs.
What will I do differently next year? I am already thinking about what I want to use for my theme next year and plan to write a few posts a month and save them for April 2017. I enjoyed writing about all the Cleages of Athens, Tennessee last year because it gave me a feeling for the community and the relationships among the families. I missed that in the families I wrote about this year. I will be picking a theme that lets me go more in depth on a town where some of my ancestors lived in Tennessee, Kentucky or Alabama.
Below are links to the posts I wrote for this challenge.
- Allen Lane – Born 1810 in Kentucky
- Betsy & John Graham – Autauga County Alabama
- Census Records for Prissa Jackson – Alabama
- Descendants- Emanuel Graham Alabama
- Ellen Logan – Louisville, Kentucky
- Frazer Lane – Kentucky
- Georgia & Mitchell Graham – Alabama
- Henderson and Caroline Graham – Alabama
- Irene Holtzclaw – Montgomery, Alabama
- James and Cynthia Graham – Alabama
- Kate Graham – Autauga County Alabama – Lost
- Libbie Logan – Louisville Kentucky
- Margaret Lane Alley – Kentucky & Ohio
- Nelson and Caroline Graham – Alabama
- Otis Graham Avery – Alabama
- Pinkey Porter – Virginia
- Queries – I was called by them “Quincey”
- Robert Allen – Kentucky
- Sherman, William Roger- Tennessee
- Timberlake, Mary Jane – Kentucky & Ohio
- Ula Mae’s Uncle Lowndes Adams – Alabama & Detroit
- Victor James Simmons MD – Bermuda & Arkansas
- William Graham – Alabama
- No Xavier but an eXtra Mary – Arkansas
- Y.M.C.A, Colored – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Major Lee Zeigler – Virginia & Ohio