The Saturday Night Genealogy Fun challenge this week:
1) Is there a person in your genealogy database that has the same birth date that you do? If so, tell us about him or her – what do you know, and how is s/he related to you?
2) For bonus points, how did you determine this? What feature or process did you use in your software to work this problem out? I think the Calendar feature probably does it, but perhaps you have a trick to make this work outside of the calendar function.
I found three people in my Reunion data base with my birthday.
1. My niece Deignan was born on August 30, 29 years after I was.
2. My step-grandaughter Maya was born on August 30, 58 years after I was.
3. Elizabeth Ferguson was born 22 years before I was and is the wife of my first cousin twice removed husband’s great uncle. In other words, she is not a blood relative but a result of one of my wandering searches.
It took me some time to figure out how to find this information in my REUNION genealogical software, which is why I am posting on Sunday night instead Saturday. I found it by going to my calendar, under LIST, then picking Birth as the event, include ALL PEOPLE, month of AUGUST and then picking LIST. I got a window with all the August birthdays, scrolled down to August 30 and voila, there they were.